Systems Biology Department
(925) 294-3393 / email@example.com
Dave is currently researching methods to improve transportation fuels. His research includes work in the area of biofuels and system analysis of energy infrastructure systems. Dave also has experience in the design and testing of microfluidic devices.
- Pawate, AS, KL Sale, CL Kozina, DS Reichmuth, R Sapra. (2009). Draft genome sequence, annotation, and metabolic pathway reconstruction of the ethanol-tolerant thermophile Geobacillus thermoglucosidasius M10EXG. 31st Symposium on Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals, Society for Industrial Microbiology, San Francisco, CA, May 2009.
- Tang, YJ, R Sapra, D Joyner, TC Hazen, S Myers, D Reichmuth, H Blanch, JD Keasling. (2009). Analysis of metabolic pathways and fluxes in a newly discovered thermophilic and ethanol-tolerant Geobacillus strain. Biotechnology and Bioengineering 102:1377.
- Reichmuth, DS, SK Wang, LM Barrett, DJ Throckmorton, W Einfeld, AK Singh. (2008). Rapid microchip-based electrophoretic immunoassays for the detection of swine influenza virus. Lab on a Chip 8:1319.
- Reichmuth, DS, S Wang, DJ Throckmorton, LM Barrett, W Einfeld, AK Singh. (2007). Rapid immunoelectrophoretic assays for pen-side diagnostics. Eleventh International Conference on Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences (MicroTAS 2007), Paris, France, October 2007.
- Kirby, BJ, DS Reichmuth, RF Renzi, TJ Shepodd, BW Wiedenman. (2005). Microfluidic routing of aqueous and organic flows at high pressures: fabrication and characterization of integrated polymer microvalve elements. Lab on a Chip 5:184.
- Reichmuth, DS, TJ Shepodd, BJ Kirby. (2005). Microchip HPLC of peptides and proteins. Analytical Chemistry 77:2997.
- Reichmuth, DS, GS Chirica, BJ Kirby. (2004). Analysis of peptides using an integrated microchip HPLC-MS/MS system. Micro Total Analysis Systems 2004, Malmo, Sweden, September 2004.
- Reichmuth, DS, GS Chirica, BJ Kirby. (2004). Picoliter-scale proteomics using an integrated microchip HPLC-MS/MS System. AICHE 2004 Annual Meeting, Austin, Texas, November 2004.
- Reichmuth, DS, TJ Shepodd, BJ Kirby. (2004). On-chip high-pressure picoliter injector for pressure-driven flow through porous media. Analytical Chemistry 76:5063.
- Kirby, BJ, TJ Shepodd, DS Reichmuth. (2003). Metered microchip pressure injections using mobile polymer monolith microvalves. HPCE 2003, San Diego, California, January 2003.
- Reichmuth, DS, GS Chirica, BJ Kirby. (2003). Improving electrokinetic pump performance for microchip HPLC. HPCE 2003, San Diego, California, January 2003.
- Reichmuth, DS, GS Chirica, BJ Kirby. (2003). Increasing the performance of high-pressure, high-efficiency electrokinetic micropumps using zwitterionic solute additives. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 92:37.
- Reichmuth, DS, BJ Kirby. (2003). Effects of ammonioalkyl sulfonate internal salts on electrokinetic micropump performance and reversed-phase HPLC separations. Journal of Chromatography A 1013:93.
- Reichmuth, DS, TJ Shepodd, BJ Kirby. (2003). RP-HPLC microchip separations with subnanoliter on-chip pressure injections. In Micro Total Analysis Systems 2003: Proceedings of µTAS 2003 Seventh International Conference on Micro Total Analysis Systems, MA Northrup, KF Jense, DJ Harrison, Eds. Transducers Research Foundation: San Diego, CA, pp. 1021Ð1024.
- Kirby, BJ, DS Reichmuth, TJ Shepodd. (2002). Microvalve architectures for high-pressure hydraulic and electrokinetic fluid control in microchips. Sixth International Symposium on Micro Total Analysis Systems, Nara, Japan, November 2002.
Top of page ^
Dave Reichmuth completed a master’s degree and Ph.D. in chemical engineering at the University of California (UC) at Berkeley.
His research focused on the metabolic engineering of a bacterial biodesulfurization system and was completed under the direction of Professors Jay Keasling and Harvey Blanch.
Dave received a bachelor’s degree from UC Davis, in the field of biochemical and chemical engineering.
Top of page ^